Last Updated: February 23, 2016
Informational Purposes Only.
The Site is not for medical emergencies. Do not use the Site for adverse event reporting. If you are a dentist/physician, follow the regulations required by your country’s regulations. This Site may from time to time contain information relating to various medical, health and fitness conditions of people. This is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own dental professional or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health problem or disease. You should always consult your own dental and medical advisors.
Intellectual Property Rights.
This Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including, but not limited to, all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by DENTSPLY SIRONA, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, as applicable. All text, formatting (including without limitation the selection, coordination and arrangement of materials on the Site), images, graphics, animation, tools, widgets, applications, commercials, videos, music, sounds, articles, copy, creative materials, photos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos, and other materials and information on this Site are subject to the intellectual property rights of DENTSPLY SIRONA, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective licensors and licensees (collectively “Content”).
Right to Use Site.
Any unauthorized commercial use of these materials will violate DENTSPLY SIRONA’s intellectual property rights and will be subject to DENTSPLY SIRONA’s full legal rights and remedies.
You are not granted the right to license, republish, distribute, copy, assign, sublicense, transfer, sell, prepare of derivative works or other non-personal use any Content on the Site. No part of any Content may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use or other use explicitly authorized by DENTSPLY SIRONA. You may not access or use the Site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the Site, or any server or network underlying the Site, or interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
You may not use automated systems (e.g., robots, spiders, etc.) to access the Site. You agree not to collect personally identifiable information of other users of the Site or to sell or otherwise exploit that information.
Except for the limited rights expressly granted herein, all right, title and interest in and to the Site and all Content contained therein are reserved and owned by DENTSPLY SIRONA.
Desktop, mobile or other applications available on this Site may be further subject to United States or other export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No such desktop, mobile or other applications from this Site may be downloaded or exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (2) anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any of the Content, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
While DENTSPLY SIRONA uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the information presented on or throughout the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. DENTSPLY SIRONA makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information.
EVERYTHING ON THE SITE AND DATA AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DENTSPLY SIRONA NEITHER WARRANTS NOR REPRESENTS THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES NOT OWNED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH DENTSPLY SIRONA. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DENTSPLY SIRONA THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITATION, DENTSPLY SIRONA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE, THAT THE DENTSPLY SIRONA SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE DENTSPLY SIRONA SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR ANY DATA LOSS THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Disclaimer of Damages and Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL DENTSPLY SIRONA NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTIONS), EVEN IF DENTSPLY SIRONA OR ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THE EVENT THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS UNENFORCEABLE, IN NO EVENT WILL THE LIABILITY OF DENTSPLY SIRONA OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED $250.00 IN THE AGGREGATE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Social Media Features.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments and suggestions, which may consist of textual content and potentially photos, videos, images audio files, other types of content and links to such content if allowed by the Site (collectively referred to as “User Submissions”), is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. User Submissions may be used, copied, modified, adapted, publicly displayed and translated by DENTSPLY SIRONA or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, without restrictions, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting under an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license. Furthermore, DENTSPLY SIRONA is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User Submissions for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. DENTSPLY SIRONA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove or delete, without notice, any User Submissions. DENTSPLY SIRONA also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Submissions posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitute a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
Although DENTSPLY SIRONA may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, DENTSPLY SIRONA is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. DENTSPLY SIRONA will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing DENTSPLY SIRONA to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
DENTSPLY SIRONA has adopted a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Site users who are repeat copyright infringers. DENTSPLY SIRONA may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be infringing the intellectual property of a third party. If you believe any material available through the Site infringes a copyright, you should notify DENTSPLY SIRONA using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. Sect. 512(c)(2)). DENTSPLY SIRONA will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the material. You should address infringement notices under the DMCA to: Copyright Agent, Michael Friedlander at DENTSPLY SIRONA, 3030 47th avenue, Suite 500, LIC, NY 11101, copyrightagent@DENTSPLYSIRONA.com.
Please provide the following notice, in writing, to DENTSPLY SIRONA’s Copyright Agent:
Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
Identify the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that DENTSPLY SIRONA may locate it on the Site;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
Your physical or electronic signature
Third Party Content and Links from the Site.
The Site may include content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, other than the content provided by DENTSPLY SIRONA, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of DENTSPLY SIRONA and it is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or availability of any materials provided by any third parties. Any links contained on the Site to other sites or resources provided by third parties are provided for your convenience only. DENTSPLY SIRONA has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy notice for such websites.
Accessing the Site and Account Security.
Waiver and Severability.
©2016 DENTSPLY SIRONA. DENTSPLY SIRONA and the DENTSPLY SIRONA Brand Mark are registered trademarks of DENTSPLY SIRONA. Sponsor: DENTSPLY SIRONA
Dentsply Sirona’s external global privacy statement
Last Updated: May 11, 2018
This global Data Protection and Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) sets out how we, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. (a Delaware, United States corporation with its headquarters at 221 W. Philadelphia Street York, PA 17405-0872, USA) and all of our global affiliates (“DENTSPLY SIRONA” or “we”) handle Personal Data that we process when you visit our webpage, purchase a product, enroll in one of our email services, request information, register on the website, enter one of our contests, participate in a promotion, use any of the other interactive portions of our website, communicate with us through social media, or in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us (together “data subjects”).
Questions about this privacy statement
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, DENTSPLY SIRONA’s privacy practices, or if you would like us to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact us at
Email: email@example.com with “FAO: Data protection officer” in the subject header (the “Data Protection Contact”),
Web: www.dentsplysirona.com and use the information on the “Contact Us” page,
Telephone: (717) 845-7511.
Types of personal data we process
1. The types of information we may hold about you include:
a) Contact information (such as name, postal or email address, and phone number);
b) Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization);
c) Professional information (such as experience with DENTSPLY SIRONA products or services);
d) Payment details (including payment card number, expiration date, and billing address);
e) Shipping information (including the shipping address, dental distributor and phone number);
f) Username and password for the account you may establish on our website;
g) Content (such as photographs and comments);
h) Information you choose to provide in connection with an employment application (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity); and
i) Information about you, your physical condition or your health which may be provided to us by your or your health providers to enable us to manufacture products for you;
j) Information generated by us in the course of managing our relationship with you, such as a history of our interactions with you, your purchases from us and information about your use of our products;
k) Other information (such as demographic data, and shopping behaviour and preferences).
In the European Union (EU), “personal data” is defined very broadly and includes any information relating to a natural person, who can be identified, directly or indirectly, from data that we hold about them or from data that is combined with other information. It may include data relating to our employees, customers, patients, shareholders, contractors or the staff of our suppliers, visitors to our buildings or website users.
Purposes for which we process personal data
2. DENTSPLY SIRONA needs to process a certain amount of Personal Data about you for a variety of purposes. DENTSPLY SIRONA will only process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law which may include:
a) Manage our business relationship with you, for example: (i) process your transaction; (ii) manage and maintain your account with us; (iii) respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support; (iv) set up a Dentsply Sirona loyalty program account; (v) allocate a Territory Sales Manager or equivalent to be your dedicated account manager
b) Marketing, advertising and public relations, for example: (i) marketing our business and products to you; (ii) provide you with information you have requested about our company, our products and our services; (iii) provide you with information about, or samples of, our product range for marketing purposes; (iv) contact you through email, telephone or postal mail; (v) tailor your experience on our website by providing content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region;
c) Maintenance and statistics, for example: (i) help diagnose problems with our server; administer the website, and compile broad statistical data; (ii) update and maintain our website;
d) Recruitment purposes, for example; (i) evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with DENTSPLY SIRONA; (ii) process your application, monitor recruitment statistics, and comply with government reporting requirements; and
f) Research and product development, for example we may use information about your experience of using our products to help us improve our products.
Legal ground for processing the personal data
3. EU Data protection law requires us to have a legal basis before processing any Personal Data about you. The legal basis’ for us processing your Personal Data for the above purposes may be because: (i) you have provided your consent; (ii) it is necessary to for the performance of a contract with you; (iii) the processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; or (iv) the processing is in our legitimate interests of operating and promoting our business.
4. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Data. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to DENTSPLY SIRONA’s use or disclosure of your Personal Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain DENTSPLY SIRONA products or services.
Disclosure of information relating to data subjects
5. We intend to keep your Personal Data confidential, in compliance with our legal obligations. We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose this information to third parties, other than as described in this Privacy Statement, for the purposes described above, or as we disclose to you at the time the data is collected. We may disclose your Personal Data in accordance with, and where permitted by, applicable law:
Security measures used to protect the personal data
6. DENTSPLY SIRONA will take appropriate physical, technical and organisational security measures designed to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us.
International transfer of personal data
7. We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to a third party in countries outside the country in which it was originally collected for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in section 1 above, in particular your Personal Data may be transferred throughout the DENTSPLY SIRONA group. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by organizational, technical, contractual and/or other lawful means. You may be entitled under applicable law to receive a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights; please get in touch with the Data Protection Contact for further information on how to exercise this right.
Retention of personal data
8. Your Personal Data will be retained for the duration of our business relationship and for a period of time thereafter as required by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose.
9. DENTSPLY SIRONA will retain applications of unsuccessful candidates for a reasonable period after the application process to enable us to contact you if another suitable position arises or to comply with our legal obligations.
Data subject rights
10. Data protection laws often provide individuals with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict and object to the processing of, their Personal Data. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if they believe that their Personal Data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Dentsply Sirona Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. To assist us in responding to such requests in a timely fashion, please include the phrase “Privacy Rights Request” in the title of your message.
11. Data subjects may, where permitted by applicable law, request copies of their Personal Data. This is known as a subject access request or SAR.
12. If you would like to make a SAR, i.e. a request for copies of the Personal Data we hold about you, you may do so by writing to the Data Protection Contact whose details are provided above. The request should make clear that a SAR is being made. We may ask you to provide evidence of your identity if it is not clear.
13. Responding to a SAR can be a time consuming exercise. Dentsply Sirona may be able to get the information that you require more quickly if you are as specific as possible in your request. E.g., “I would like a copy of my Personal data contained in my website member account file” or if you would like a copy of a particular document it would be helpful if the document is described carefully, including the title, creation date, author and likely place of storage. This will help us to respond to your SAR as quickly as possible. You may be asked for further details to assist us if insufficient information is provided.
14. This website may make chat rooms, careers, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. Do not use these areas to post personal information about third parties or discuss information about specific, identifiable patients.
Links to other websites
Updates to our privacy statement
16. We may at any time in our sole discretion revise or update this Privacy Statement. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. All changes are effective immediately when they are posted and apply to all access to and use of the website thereafter.
17. In order to collect certain data described in this Privacy Statement, we may use cookie technology on our website.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
The following are examples of cookies that mat may be used on our websites:
a) Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like saving your job application, adding products to a cart, checking out, cannot be provided.
b) Performance / analytic cookies. These cookies collect data about how visitors use our websites, including the country from which he visitor is accessing from. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. All data these cookies collect is aggregated and do not seek to personally identify you.
c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
18. Our website also uses social and video plugins such as those provided by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or YouTube.
19. When you visit our websites, we may allow some third parties (such as advertising networks and data analytics companies) to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, out websites currently do not alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
20. If necessary to comply with applicable law, we will ask for your consent to place cookies on your device. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. If you are a California resident and would like information identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties, please submit a written request using the contact detailsat the beginning of this Privacy Statement.